X-rays are important to more accurately diagnose many conditions. We have our own radiology department within each office location. If you have had previous x-rays taken, it would be helpful if you would bring them with you.
The fees for office visits and surgeries are determined by the complexity of the problem and by the amount of time spent with the physician. These fees are routinely reviewed in order to remain competitive within the medical community. Please feel free to discuss any questions you may have regarding our fees and services.
The forms used by our office are standardized and are accepted by virtually all insurance carriers. We will complete disability forms and other specialized forms at no charge within two weeks. Requests for form completion in less than two weeks will carry a $15.00 charge.
Our office policy is to collect payment at the time service is rendered. Payments may be made by personal check, cash or major credit card. When your payment is received, you will be provided with a completed form to use for filing your insurance claim.
- Medicare: We will accept assignment. We will also file your Medicare and any supplemental insurance claims. You may receive a bill for unmet deductible or non-covered items.
- Medicaid: We accept Medicaid patients. It is important that you provide your current card each time you see the physician.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Texas and TriCare: Dr. Roger J. Lunke, M.D., P.A. accepts assignment. We will file your claims for you. You may receive a bill for unmet deductible or non-covered items.
- HMOs and PPOs: Please make our office aware of your HMO or PPO coverage when scheduling appointments. When it has been determined that our physician is a provider under your plan, your co-payment will be collected at the time of your visit. Your insurance claims will be filed through our office. You may be billed for non-covered items as stipulated by the benefits of your policy.
- Workers’ Compensation: Patients being seen for an injury which occurred at work should make our office aware of this upon arrival.Your employer’s compensation coverage information must be verified by our office prior to your examination by the physician. We will file your claims related to your verified on-the-job injury.
Dr. Roger J. Lunke, M.D., P.A. specializes in the care of bones, ligaments, joints and muscles. Particular emphasis is placed on hip and knee disorders.
Patient feedback and follow-up is important to us. We appreciate comments concerning your care. If you have any comments or questions regarding the care provided to you by our staff, please do not hesitate to call us.
Dr. Roger J. Lunke M.D., P.A. a graduate of The University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, is Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery and is a member of the American Medical Association, Texas Medical Association, and Bexar County Medical Society.
Dedicated to providing state of the art orthopedic services to San Antonio and surrounding communities, Dr. Lunke's major area of interest and expertise is general orthopedic surgery, primarily hip and knee replacements, and arthroscopic surgery.
Dr. Lunke specializes in orthopedic care for hips, knees, shoulders and upper and lower extremities, but does not see patients for spine or hand issues. We are also limited to Adult patients only (age 15 years and older).
If you have had prior x-rays, MRI, or other outside studies, it is important that you bring the actual films with you to your appointment.